Saturday, January 31, 2009
I was looking through some photos and found some pictures from last summer of our back porch. I love summertime and this pictures make me long for the warm weather. Every year about this time I start to figure what I want to plant and maybe something new I can add to the yard. This year I want to cut out a new garden for a bigger pumpkin patch. I don't dare tell Renan, but maybe he will read my post and give it some thought. Renan..........there are so many benefits to having a bigger pumpkin patch, although none of the benefits actually benefit you, there are many benefits! If you see Renan, please encourage him, for my sake!
Posted by Amy at 10:35 PM
Thursday, January 22, 2009
A new year......... a new me! Okay that's a bit of a joke, but I think I can improve upon the old me and make the old me, a better and more improved version! so here is how I will go about that.
1. For my mother's sake I will stop saying "My DAD'S DEAD". I will replace that with " My dad has passed away peacefully and he is with his Heavenly Father". Does that sound better? I like the shock value of the first because it still is so shocking, but my mom doesn't approve. I will miss seeing my moms eyes pop out of her sockets when I say that but I will have to think of something else to shock her with.
2. I will once and for all clean out my basement for all of you who want to hang out in an unfinished basement. I have no idea why but my kids friends think it is a cool place to check out. That is the scariest part of our house and for those of you who think my house is clean, it is not!
3. On a more spiritual note........... I will not procrastinate doing my lesson for the YW. It is really hard to do my lesson at the last minute when church now starts at 9:00.
4. I will change my personal quote from " Fit Before Forty" to "Fat Before Forty". I have one year and it is not looking very good for me. I always wanted to be in the best shape of my life when I turn 40. I will have to think about that one for awhile and get back to you on it.
5. I will get back to my normal social self. Okay so I am not the most social person, but I will walk outside of my house with a smile on and pretend that I am.
6. I have a lot more things to work on, but this is what I will start with. I am sure Renan has a few ideas for me, but those are just "ideas".
Posted by Amy at 8:53 AM
Monday, January 12, 2009
Friday, January 2, 2009
Do you remember when you were young and would spin and spin around in circles? I do, and I remember exactly how I felt. At first I would feel a little bit out of control, then maybe a little numb, then comes the worst part when you want to throw up because you get so incredibly sick and you have to lay down so you will feel somewhat normal. After all of the craziness you stand up and stagger around for a while until the world stops spinning and you can begin to see clearly again. That for me describes the year 2008, and finally I am beginning to see clearly again.
As I sat on the couch with my family on New Years Eve and watched the countdown, a huge sigh of relief came over me when finally this year came to an end. I am so thankful for new beginnings! Never have I been so pumped to make changes for a new year. So......... for all my family and friends Happy New Year to you and your families. I hope this will be a year full of happiness for all! And a huge thank you for putting up with me!
Posted by Amy at 10:25 AM