Saturday, July 5, 2008

Farewell to the Best Dad Ever.

My dad past away June 20, 2008 from pancreatic cancer. It is hard to put into words the devastating feelings this has brought to me. Grief is a feeling that brings so much sorrow. I will miss my dad immensely and the important part he has played in my life. He was someone I could always count on no matter the circumstance and never judged.He spent his life serving others and will be remembered for the wonderful man that he was. I love you Dad and I hope you are at peace.

2 comments:

Lindsey Jefferies said...

Am, I hope you know how much I love you! Your dad's funeral really touched me. I wish I would have known him better as he sounds like truly an amazing man. You and your family continue to be in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Amy, that was hard to read without crying.

My dad took care of us like no one could even comprehend. He was an amazing dad who was self-less in every way. A day will not ever pass where we wont think of him. I used to talk to him nearly every
day and I still do, but in a different way.

His sense of humor and making me laugh in the tough times will be missed.
The way he would listen to me ramble and act like every word was so important, will be missed.

All that he did for my son Carson and their unique relationship will never ever be forgotten. Carson will always love and be grateful for "Pa."

I love you dad, thanks for being such an outstanding father and giving me such a great life on this earth. I hope you still come around when you can.

Love,
Rach