Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My close call with death.

The other night I woke up smelling burnt toast. I immediately think I am having a stroke and get up and take a truck-load of aspirin. Then I lay in bed thinking about how I am sure I have a headache coming on and I really wanted to talk to someone so I would know if my speech was slurred. I didn't want to tell Renan because, well.................. he thinks I am crazy. So I laid there until I fell back asleep. I got up the next morning, much to my surprise, and remember my close call with death. Then comes the embarrassing part! burnt toast is not a sign of a stroke but a sign of a brain tumor. Apparently I have a brain tumor! Not a stroke! My life is sooooooo eventful!

4 comments:

samandbrodi said...

wow, rough day for us Amy. I am glad to hear that you are still alive.

I woke up smelling shrimp and cocktail sauce...what is that sign of?

Amy said...

Sam
I think that is a sign of a very bad hangover. I told you to quit!

Brodi Ashton said...

I know what you mean. I'm just getting over a 24 hour stroke myself...

nielsons*love*family said...

oh amy! that made me laugh! burnt toast?? i dreamed i had a baby last night in a stadium filled with people....want to interpret that one for me? i am glad you are alive!